Use of the TimeInvest GSuite add-on
Generate an API token
1. Log in to your TimeInvest dashboard.
At the top of the navigation bar, you will see your name on the far right, and a triangle on the right.
2. Click on your name on the navigation bar; which is on the far right.
Several navigation items appear under your name, including the Settings item.
3. Click on the Settings button.
This redirects you to your profile settings on the upper area and the Outlook & Google Calendar API credentials item below it, with a note, “No API token was found“. Below that, you will see the button Generate API Token.
4. Click the Generate API Token button.
Now you see your API Token and the API Endpoint.
Verification of your API token and your endpoint
1. Open the Google Calendar in a separate browser tab.
In your usual window, there is a vertical navigation bar on the far right, with several icons, starting with Google Notes and Google Tasks. One of the icons is the TimeInvest logo - a green stopwatch.
2. Click on the stopwatch icon.
The menu of the TimeInvest GSuite add-on slides from the right a little bit into your usual Google Calendar view.
3. Click on Settings.
On the right side, you will see the add-on settings with the API Token and API Endpoint input fields.
4. Copy the API Token and API Endpoint previously generated in your TimeInvest settings into the corresponding field in the Google Calendar add-on settings and click Test & Save.
A message will appear notifying you that your API information has been successfully verified.
You are now able to transfer your appointments from your Google Calendar to your TimeInvest Dashboard with just one click.
The description of the appointment synchronisation can be found below.
Google Calendar Appointment Synchronisation
1. Open the Google Calendar.
In the vertical navigation bar on the far right, you will see the TimeInvest logo in the form of a stopwatch.
2. Click on the stopwatch icon.
The menu of the TimeInvest GSuite add-on will move from the right into your usual Google Calendar view.
3. Now click on the button Create or click on the corresponding position in the actual calendar.
You can now enter the title, time, location, and the description of the event as usual and invite participants.
4. Click Save.
If you have entered email addresses that are not in your organisation (in TimeInvest), a message will appear.
5. Click Invite external guests.
Your appointment is now saved in Google Calendar and sent to the appropriate attendees.
6. Open the appointment you just created while the TimeInvest GSuite add-on is open.
The menu of the TimeInvest Gsuite add-on will show you the title, description, and the number of participants in the meeting, below that, you will see the Synchronise with TimeInvest button.
7. Click on the Synchronise with TimeInvest button.
Your Google Calendar appointment has now been added to your TimeInvest Dashboard, including the title, date, time, recurrence cycle, and description and is now available in the navigation point Meetings.
If you make changes to already synchronised appointments in Google Calendar and you click on Synchronise with TimeInvest again, these changes will also be added to the TimeInvest Dashboard.
The email addresses of the participants of the meeting will now be preset in TimeInvest for the evaluation of this meeting. If you create the evaluation for this meeting, you do not need to enter these email addresses again manually.